Barastoc Chick Starter
Barastoc Chick Starter is a nutritious, balanced and complete crumbled feed for chicks, from hatching to 8 weeks of age. Suited to a wide range of layer bird breeds.
What Barastoc Chick Starter Provides
We understand that for a chick to develop into a laying champion it needs to be provided with a high quality feed during the first 8 weeks after hatching. This will optimise its growth, health and well-being during this crucial developmental stage.
- Feed is a concentrate of high-quality ingredients that meet the nutritional demands of growing chicks
- Contains an anti-coccidial as an aid in the prevention of coccidiosis
- Presented as a small crumble which is suitable for small beaks
- Suitable to chickens being reared to lay eggs for the table, breed replacement pullets or be ornamental birds
- Ensure birds have continuous access to feed – do not restrict feed consumption
- Self-feeders designed for poultry are a good way to ensure feed is continuously available
- Ensure that chicks have access to clean, fresh water at all times
- Hatchlings can be encouraged to start eating feed by scattering feed on newspaper placed around feeders
- Care for young stock according to the instructions of your livestock provider.
Expected Feed Consumption
- You can expect young chicks to consume 50 grams of feed per bird each day
- In the starting period from hatching to 8 weeks of age, you can expect each bird to consume a total of approximately 2.5 kilograms of feed
Cereal grains and by-products, legumes and their by-products, vegetable protein meals, fats and oils, calcium carbonate, di-calcium phosphate, Ridley Chick Starter Vitamin and Mineral Premix, essential amino acids & enzymes, anticoccidial – Bovatec® 20CC
|Crude Protein (minimum)||19.5%|
|Crude Fat (minimum)||2.5%|
|Crude Fibre (maximum)||6.0%|
|Salt (maximum added)||0.3%|
|Bovatec 20CC (Lasaloacid Sodium)||0.04%|
- 20 kg