Barricade S Cattle Dip & Spray
Barricade S Dip & Spray is for use on cattle, horses, goats, deer and working dogs.
Cypermethrin 25 g/L, chlorfenvinphos 138 g/L.
- Acaricidal and Insecticidal dip and spray
Indications for Barricade S
- Cattle tick (Boophilus microplus), New Zealand bush tick (Haemaphysalis longicornis), paralysis tick (Ixodes holocyclus), buffalo fly (Haematobia irritans exigua) on cattle (beef and dairy), horses, goats, deer and working dogs. Cattle lice (Linognathus vituli, Damalinia bovis, Haematopinus eurysternus).
- Dangerous to fish. Do not contaminate ponds, waterways or drains with Barricade ‘S’ or used containers. Dangerous to bees. Do not spray on plants in flower while bees are foraging.
- This is an anticholinesterase compound. Handle and use with extreme care. Observe normal safe handling of young stock when dipping, preferably separating them from adult cattle. Dip early in the day and turn animals out as soon as possible into a shady paddock. Avoid holding animals in yards for long periods without water before treatment.
- Very dangerous, particularly the concentrate product. All efforts should be made to minimise personal exposure to chlorfenvinphos, particularly the concentrate. Do not use this product if it is too hot to wear the recommended personal protective equipment. Do not use this product in a manner which causes the product or used container to enter streams, rivers or waterways.
- Poisonous if absorbed by skin, inhaled or swallowed. Will damage eyes. Will irritate eyes, nose, throat and skin. Facial skin contact may cause temporary facial numbness. Repeated exposure may cause allergic disorders. Repeated minor exposure may have cumulative poisoning effect. Obtain an emergency supply of atropine tablets 0.6 mg. Avoid contact with the eyes or skin. Do not inhale vapour or spray mist.
- When opening the container, preparing spray and pouring large quantities, wear cotton overalls buttoned to the neck and wrist, and a washable hat, PVC or rubber apron, elbow length nitrile gloves, goggles, impervious footwear and half facepiece respirator. When using the prepared spray wear cotton overalls buttoned to the neck and wrist, and a washable hat, PVC or rubber apron, elbow length nitrile gloves, goggles and impervious footwear. If excessive splashing or contamination is likely, in addition wear waterproof clothing.
- If clothing becomes contaminated with the product or wet with spray remove clothing immediately. After use and before eating, drinking or smoking wash hands, arms and face thoroughly with soap and water. After each day’s use, wash gloves, goggles, contaminated clothing and respirator, and if rubber, wash with detergent and warm water.
- Meat Cattle, goats: 8 days; horses: 28 days.
- Milk: Do not use on lactating cows or within 42 days of calving, where milk or milk products may be used for human consumption. Do not use on female sheep or goats that are producing or may in the future produce milk for human consumption.
- Export Slaughter Interval Cattle: 21 days.
Dosage and Administration
- Plunge dips, spray races. Dip charge rate: 1 in 250 parts of water; topping-up rate: 1 in 185 parts of water. Do not use cattle as stirrers. Hand sprays, nonrecirculating spray races, cattle only. 1 in 250 parts of water.
- For full instructions see literature included with product.
- Store below 30°C (room temperature). Store in closed original container in a cool, well ventilated, separate building or room, away from children, animals, fodder and foodstuffs. Protect from sunlight. See product literature Poisons Schedule S7.
- 800 mL
- 5 L
- 20 L